Friday, September 9, 2011

PETE SAMPRAS' *Tennis Serve* Explained | FEDERER'S Weight Transfer On The *Tennis Serve*

jeffsalzensteintennis.com I had a viewer comment on my tennis serve on the Nadal Serve Video I have posted (http The viewer commented on the fact that I am not "following through" on my tennis serve. If you study Pete Sampras, who had one of the greatest serves of all time, you will see him arm bend right after contact. Bending your arm right after contact on the tennis serve will allow you to relax and pronate your hand and arm correctly. We have all heard the word "PRONATION" from a coach when they are explaining the tennis serve. The key is to be like Pete Sampras and actually get that arm to bend after contact during the tennis serve. The next comment this viewer made stated I was not jumping out into the court enough on the tennis serve. I am here to set the record straight on this tennis serve myth. If you study the videos of servers like Federer, Sampras and Roddick, most of the time they will land on the baseline or just in front of the baseline after their tennis serve. Traditional coaching might tell you jump out into the court as far as you can after the tennis serve. Well this leaves you, what some might call, "no man's land". This is not a good position to be in after your tennis serve. Take a hint from players like Roddick, who have been known to hit serves upwards to 158mph, and try not to leap out into the court after your tennis serve. The very last comment this viewer posted was that my toss was too far over my head on the tennis serve. If you compare my <b>...</b>
Views: 15858
17 ratings
Time: 03:34 More in Sports

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqWvMhNSf5c&feature=youtube_gdata

Aki Ross Alecia Elliott Alessandra Ambrosio Alexis Bledel Ali Campoverdi Ali Larter