Sunday, November 21, 2010

NSFW: Sarah Palin ? How?s That Promotey, Embargoey Stuff Workin? Out for Ya?

On Thursday, I suggested that Sarah Palin?s kids? ill-judged behaviour on Facebook could be traced back to their mother?s attitude towards online critics. The post garnered a range of considered and thoughtful responses from commenters, ranging from warnings that I should expect to be shot, to the suggestion that (I quote) ?PAUL CARR PROBABLY ABORTED I.E. MURDERED ALL OF HIS OWN ILLEGITIMATE SONS & DAUGHTERS.? One helpful commenter�even suggested I ?go home and talk to [my] children. Tell them your a traitor to your country and your fellow Americans? - which, given I?m a Brit, was somewhat wrong-headed and, given I apparently killed all of my children, was remarkably insensitive. For all the sound and fury, though, there was one distinct theme: that, in the absence of a clear technology angle, stories about political figures have no place on TechCrunch. And that?s a reasonable point: the Facebook angle was a stretch; a flimsy hook on which to peg my broader thesis that Sarah Palin is setting a terrible example to her kids. Kids who she herself thrust into the spotlight the moment she put them on stage at the Republican National Convention. Because she?s just an awful, AWFUL human being. Nonetheless, never let it be said I don?t listen to my critics. The next time I write anything about Sarah Palin (who, for the avoidance of doubt, I dislike intensely), I?ll make sure there?s a totally iron-clad justification for it to appear on TechCrunch. Like if, for example, she uses Twitter to prompt her publisher to take legal action against a hugely popular gossip blog for reposting extracts from an electronic copy of her new book. Which she?s been heavily promoting through social media. You know, like just happened. Sweet!

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/OTlDP_BTSUY/

Tamie Sheffield Tara Conner Tara Reed Tara Reid